From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eth over usb
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 20:14:18
1 On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:39:58 +0200, pat@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > I'm installing gentoo on new laptop which doesn't have eth slot. I have
4 > i-tec usb-eth adapter which works fine (tested on linux live
5 > distribution).
6 >
7 > For the first time: I've configured kernel, compiled, loaded kernel
8 > module and created link to /etc/init.d/net.lo and somehow I've push it
9 > all to work (ifconfig lists enp0s20f0u1 interface).
10 >
11 > But after reboot plugging in the adapter doesn't create enp0s20f0u1
12 > interface, so the ifconfig lists only 'lo'.
13
14 Does ifconfig -a list it?
15
16 If not, does it show up if you "modprobe r8152"?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.