From: Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome does not mount audio CD
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:40:01
1 On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 00:21 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 3/5/06, Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Last time I tried putting a CD in the CD drive everything seemed
4 > > to work OK. The "Audio Disc" icon appeared on my Gnome desktop,
5 > > I could click it and see a bunch of wav files corresponding
6 > > to the tracks on the CD.
7 >
8 > I really really doubt they were wave files, but probably Gnome had
9 > some "trick" to scan the tracks, Audio CDs are not really mounted,
10 > they are directly accessed by the app that plays them...
11
12 I've had a look at the "Gnome Control Centre" and the other settings
13 accessible from the desktop. Nothing jumps out as controlling this.
14 Don't seem to be any USE flags either. Anyone know any other places to
15 look?
18 > > No more. The icon still appears but when I click it I get a
19 > > "Couldn't display "cdda:///dev/hda" error dialog. Trying to
20 > > mount the drive manually results in:
21 >
22 > Well, hmmm, what can I say, /dev/hda? Hmmm, sounds weird, do you use
23 > udev? If so, you probably have a /dev/cdrom, try this instead.
26 The CD/DVD drive has always been on hda while the hard drive is hdc:
27
28 $ ls -al cdrom
29 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Mar 5 18:24 cdrom -> hda
30
31 Tom Naujokas
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list