From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:25:33
1 Anthony Metcalf <Anthony.Metcalf@×××××××××××.cx> wrote:
2
3 > Michael Schmarck wrote:
4 >> Hello.
5 >>
6 >> <snip>
7 >>
8 >> How do I make emerge update all the installed packages, if
9 >> there's an update available?
10 >>
11 >> Thanks,
12 >> Michael
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > First question, was it installed directly, or as a dependency for
19 > something else?
20
21 I'm pretty sure, it was a dependency.
22
23 > (/var/lib/portage/world) If it is a dependency, is the package that
24 > depends on it, shown in the world file?
25
26 I think it was a dependency of kde-meta. kde-meta is no longer installed.
27
28 > If the answer to the second question above is "no" then try adding
29 > it into the world file, then emerge -DuvatN world again.
30
31 Yes. Thanks a lot!
32
33 Michael