From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] visualise openrc initscript start order and dependency tree
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 23:02:30
1 On 9/11/19 4:03 am, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:06:10 PM CET Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> On 2019-11-07 04:37, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
4 >>> I have run into some problems creating openrc initscripts for moosefs -
5 >>> is there something that will display the start order/dependency tree?
6 >>> Text or graphical doesn't matter.
7 >>>
8 >>> Bill K.
9 >> rc-status does try to resolve dependencies and list them in order, try
10 >> `rc-status -a` - this will list all scripts (including ones not in startup.)
11 >>
12 >> Dan
13 > Actually, it doesn't show what is depending on what.
14 >
15 > I had a similar issue and ended up checking every init-script, conf.d file and
16 > rc.conf entry and making a dependency-tree manually on a big white-board.
17 >
18 > I haven't found a tool that does this automatically yet.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Joost
26 Thanks, I ended up working around it rather than solving i.
29 BillK