From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Rules
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:12:47
1 On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:05:08 +0100, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > Florian Philipp ha scritto:
4 >
5 >> Other things to improve? A better documentation on USE-flags. In my
6 >> opinion every maintainer should provide as much information as possible
7 >> on what exactly a USE-flag changes. At the moment it's the
8 >> administrator's responsibility to find this out. Not really a good idea
9 >> on production systems if you ask me ...
10 >
11 > +1
12 >
13 > m.
14
15 Good news then as a scheme for this has been proposed and partially
16 implemented: http://blog.cardoe.com/archives/2007/11/19/use-flag-metadata/
17
18 It was decided in the last council meeting to keep this scheme: http://
19 www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20071213-summary.txt
20
21 This only provides the information, it may take some time before user-
22 facing tools (such as euse) expose this information, and obviously
23 developers need to add the information.
24
25 Kind regards,
26
27 Hans