From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Mplayer can't play DVDs
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:48:10
1 quoth the Grant:
2 > I can't get mplayer to play DVDs on my laptop. I have 4 DVDs here and
3 > it played one of them once, but that's it. Sometimes a message will
4 > pop up saying "failed to play DVD" but sometimes not. Does anyone
5 > know how to troubleshoot mplayer for something like this? I'm
6 > emerging gxine now. I know that worked at one time.
7
8 Start mplayer from an xterm, and it will print more useful debug info
9 (hopefully).
10
11 > - Grant
12
13 -d
14 --
15 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
16 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
17 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972