From: Rafael Barreto <rafaelmbarreto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange problem with partition reiserfs
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 06:34:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm with a very strange problem with a partition reiserfs. When I installed
4 gentoo I created a partition to save my personal docs and I formatted it
5 with reiserfs filesystem. Today, I was wrinting a little program in python
6 using Kate and, accidentaly, I overwrite a file on that partition. The
7 strange was that Kate don't ask me for a confirmation about that. Kate just
8 overwrote the file. Well, I imagined that comportament was not right and I
9 tried to ovewrite an archive in the partition mounted under /home and Kate,
10 now, ask me for a confirmation. Strange... any idea?
11
12 Other thing... I would like to mount that partition such that all files
13 created have the same group and permission. I thought that I could use the
14 "umask" option, but reiserfs don't have that option, so I don't know how
15 could I do that... Help please...
16
17 Sorry by my english!
18