From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-3.6.5 rebuild fails on new install
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 19:27:52
1 On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 8:58 PM Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm re-purposing a Lenovo T400 notebook (CORE2 and 3 gigs ram) with a
4 > 32-bit Gentoo install. I try to do "emerge -e @system" early in the
5 > install, when there's under 200 packages. Anyhow, python 3.6.5 is not
6 > rebuilding. I've put in all the "final" USE flags for the system. The
7 > buildlog is attached (gzipped).
8
9 The compiler was killed with signal SIGSEGV. You probably ran out of
10 memory or some similar problem. Check dmesg.
11
12 > And a bit of a rant... WTF is the initial stage 3 built against PAM?
13 > I wasted an hour dicking around, trying to get ssh working, so that I
14 > could finish up the install. I finally figured out that I had to set
15 > "usePAM no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config as a temporary hack. The root
16 > solution to the problem was to emerge openssh with USE="-pam". I had
17 > that in my flags, but the "emerge -e @system" died before getting to
18 > openssh.
19
20 Most people want PAM. It's a good thing.