From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables: how can I include multiple hosts/IPs in "-s" and "-d"?
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:04:56
1 Jarry writes:
2
3 > I'd like to ask if there is some way to include multiple discrete
4 > hosts/IP's in --source and --destination options of iptables.
5 >
6 > I'm trying to write firewall rules for my server, but it has
7 > 12 IP's from different segments (and maybe it gets a few more
8 > later), and the script grows up as I have to write nearly
9 > identical rules with difference only in -s/-d IP's.
10 >
11 > What I'm looking for is a way to define some variable at the
12 > beginning of my script, like MY_IP="IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4..." and
13 > later to use is in rules (iptables -A INPUT -s $MY_IP...).
14 > But I do not know how to use it. As far as I understand it,
15 > --source/--destination accepts only single IP's or continuous
16 > IP-segments...
17
18 Well, as your iptables script is probably written in bash, you can do
19 loops as you like:
20
21 myIPs="IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4 ..."
22 for ip in $myIPs do # use $myIPs here, not "$myIPs"!
23 iptables -A INPUT -s $ip ...
24 done
25
26 Wonko