From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xfce4 upgrade
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:51:33
1 On 2007-02-19, Douglas Linford <drkrider@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Good Day All,
4 >
5 > I just upgraded xfce4 to 4.4, and the base emerge was successful, but when I
6 > try to emerge the xfce4-extras, I get the following output:
7 >
8 > *************************************************************************************************
9 > iDeq ~ # emerge -pv xfce4-extras
10 >
11 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
12 >
13 > Calculating dependencies... done!
14 > [blocks B ] xfce-extra/xfce4-windowlist (is blocking
15 > xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.4.0-r1)
16
17 Yea, upgrading to XFCE 4.4 is a PITA.
18
19 The package structure/organization was changed completely, so
20 emerge gets confused. It knows it can't install libxfce4util
21 because a bunch of older packages that were combined into
22 libxfce4util are still installed. For whatever reason, emerge
23 doesn't know enough to remove the old packages.
24
25 I ended up removing all of the XFCE 4.2 packages with emerge -C.
26
27 Only then was I able to emerge XFCE 4.4.
30 Grant Edwards grante Yow! My CODE of ETHICS
31 at is vacationing at famed
32 visi.com SCHROON LAKE in upstate
33 New York!!
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list