From: Miguel Ramos <2008@××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild for recent ATI driver, whom to go to?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:06:07
1 2008/12/11 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > "ATI Stream Computing Support"
3 >
4 > It seems that with ATI Catalyst 8.12, we commoners can
5 > finally access and program so that the GPU is another
6 > available processor for us to access and use.
9 > Anyone with information, particularly relate to 'howto'
10 > use an ATI GPU under gentoo, would be of keen interest
11 > to me. I'm wondering if the aforementioned (experimental)
12 > ebuild would address basic access to the GPU?
13
14 Thanks for the info.
15 It really looks like the 8.12 is more recent than the 8.54.3 after all...
16 I'm going to try to install this one and I'll get back to you.
17
18 As to GPU programming, I'm certainly there too!
19 However, there is another obstacle on the way, the AMD Brook+ and Cal
20 toolkits seem to be linked to glibc-2.2.5 !! That's way too old for
21 Gentoo.
22 Perhaps some Gentoo expert can point us the less inconvenient way to
23 work around that one.
26 Miguel Ramos <2008@××××××××××××.name>
27 GnuPG ID 0xA006A14C