From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte wont boot
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:51:00
1 Hello,
2
3 First system build with a Gigabyte mobo. I never
4 got a "motherboard install book" and cannot seem
5 to find any docs on installing a new 990FXA-UD3
6 with a FX8350 and ram installed. Everything is new
7 and I have built many PCs before....
8
9 I got the new system put together
10 physically. I'm trying to boot into the bios.
11 The Blueray burner opens and closes and I put
12 the newest liveDVD inside but no boot. No signal
13 to the monitor.
14
15 The fans all run, the BR burner opens and closes, but
16 the motherboard will not boot. I first tried a
17 known good pci video card (ATI) and now a new fanless
18 video card (ASUS Direct CU Silent Radeon HD 7750).
19 I tried different slots with the video cards.
20
21 Is there a listing of jumpers or other install
22 tips that I can find somewhere for this mobo?
23 I meticulously connected everything, as this is not
24 my first RODEO. I've never had a new mobo in the box without the
25 little install guide book.....bummer .....
26
27 ideas? wikis? docs?
28
29 James