From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/locale vs /usr/share/locale
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 12:50:16
1 2013/8/5 Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I have noticed today this folder on my laptop: /usr/locale. It
5 > contains multiple subfolders-languages with LC_MESSAGES.
6 >
7 > I wonder why these LC_MESSAGES are situated there, and not at
8 > /usr/share/locale, as on my other machine with Gentoo installed.
9 >
10 > Equery says that /usr/locale belongs to gnome-icon-theme 3.6.2. But
11 > the same gnome-icon-theme 3.6.2 didn't create /usr/locale on my other
12 > machine, created /usr/share/locale instead. Reemerging
13 > gnome-icon-theme didn't help.
14 >
15 > Gentoo Localization HowTo says: "The locales and their data are part
16 > of the system library and can be found at /usr/share/locale on most
17 > systems". I can't figure out why the laptop hasn't been included in
18 > "most systems".
19 >
20 > Which options related to locales may I have configured otherwise? In
21 > my opinion, installations are near equal. Arch - i686, locale - utf-8,
22 > desktop - Openbox. The world file is almost the same; some
23 > laptop-specific packages added. The only difference that I remember: I
24 > installed many packages on the laptop in another order.
25
26 The folder /usr/share/locale exists on the laptop too, and there are
27 much more files.
30 Regards,
31 Alex