From: "paulie.x" <jcd@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Meta key
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:15:51
1 Hi.
2 In many terminal applications there are hot-keys corresponding to some
3 actions. Many of them start with Meta. Midnight Commander use M-? for
4 searching, Emacs use M-> for moving cursor to the end of file... However
5 on my Gentoo I must press also Shift to let it work. It seems like
6 stupid problem, but I'm accustomed to use Alt-Shift for keyboard layout
7 switching (Windows habit) and X (or Gnome, I really don't know) dispatch
8 this action before keys are released so 'Alt-Shift-?' is considered like
9 'Alt-Shift' and then '?'.
10 Thx
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list