From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD borked: SysFS removed
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:03:29
1 Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 > Do you have something like /dev/dvd ? Where does it point to? Where
5 > are you expecting it to point to?
6
7 NO. Should I create it? Symlink to?
8 I looked here at the CD rules for udev, but nothing
9 I try is working. I'm not the keenest hack with udev (understatement).
10
11 http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#example-cdrom
14 > I think something like /dev/sr0 is often used for optical drives these
15 > days. That's what it is on my system. Please `dmesg | grep sr`. It
16 > would have done you any hard to attache your entire `dmesg` output in
17 > your original posting.
18
19 # dmesg | grep sr
20 sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
21 sr 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
22 sr 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
25 Dmesg:
26
27 Unfortunately, I use Gmane.org for an interface to this list.
28 Such posts are filter by a myriad of rules......
29
30 I can send it privately, if you like?
31
32 James