From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] non-existing/masked ebuilds during upgrade from 2005.1 to 2006.1
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:38:59
1 On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:54:35 -0400, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2
3 > Calculating world dependencies \
4 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
5 > !!! masked or don't exist:
6 > media-video/nvidia-glx media-video/nvidia-kernel app-shells/csh
7 > x11-misc/gtkdiff sci-libs/lapack
8 >
9 > I can't find sci-libs/lapack (emerge --search lapack). Could someone
10 > tell me how is portage looking for it? I think I had it installed before
11 > the upgrade. None of the nvidia stuff is currently installed but were
12 > installed before the system emerge.
13
14 It looks like lapack has been split into a number of packages with an
15 eselect module to choose the one you want. At least, that's what the
16 output from "eix lapack" implies to me.
17
18 media-video/nvidia-glx and media-video/nvidia-kernel have been replaced
19 by nvidia-drivers.
20
21 If you had a package installed before the upgrade, you still have it,
22 because changing the profile or running emerge -e world (which isn't
23 really necessary) don't unmerge anything.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 ISDN: It Still Does Nothing