From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Switched from rsync to git, now emerge --sync fails
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 09:52:23
1 On 14/10/2021 09:28, Miles Malone wrote:
2 > So the default being for git to act like git, instead of git to act
3 > like an alternative to rsync, makes perfect sense in that context.
4
5 And once it's sync'd the first time, I think sync depth is ignored. It
6 normally doesn't make much difference anyway, because git stores the
7 current version in full, and then just diffs going backwards.
8
9 The difference between a sync=1 and sync=0 isn't that much for linux I
10 gather - maybe doubles the size?
11
12 For a normal user who just wants to USE portage, a sync of 1 makes
13 sense. They can then always go back as far as when they first set it up,
14 anyway.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol