From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nxserver-freenx - user nx not allowed because account is locked
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:29:15
1 On 03/19/09 13:07, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 >In my sshd_config I've got:
3 >
4 >PermitRootLogin No
5 >RSAAuthentication no
6 >PubkeyAuthentication yes
7 >AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys
8 >PasswordAuthentication no
9 >PermitEmptyPasswords no
10 >ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
11 >UsePAM no
12 >
13 >Then in /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg I have:
14 >EnableUserDB = "1"
15 >EnablePasswordDB = "1"
18 >then run "/usr//NX/bin/nxserver --useradd yourusername" which will add
19 >that user to the NX user database as well as create/add an SSH key to
20 >that user (which is only used by NX on the local machine, it will SSH
21 >to itself). The password you create for this user is what you'll use
22 >in nxclient when connecting to the remote machine, and the SSH key in
23 >nxclient is the one that user would normally use to login to the box
24 >with regular SSH.
25 >
26 >If you don't use key authentication with SSH, you should be able to
27 >have the two NX server options above set to 0, and use the user's
28 >normal password to login. You will still need to put your NX server
29 >key into nxclient (unless you use the default key which is already in
30 >there).
31 >
32 >It is tricky to set up, but once it works it is awesome. :) It beats
33 >VNC or RDP easily.
34 >
35 >Paul
36
37 I've tried to duplicate this setting but I can only log-in with my username and password I created from a nxclient when I have in
38 sshd.config
39 ...
40 UsePAM yes
41
42 If I set it to no I can not log-in.
43 In your last section on coping keys, I'm not sure I follow it.
44 For now I used the default key that the server came with.
45
46 What do you call nxclient?
47 Is it the user account name on the server I created with "...nxserver --useradd joseph"?
48 This command copied the nxserver key to my home ~.ssh/authorized_keys file.
51 #Joseph
52 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7