From: gentoo-user@××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Retro ...
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:29:22
1 On 16-02-17 at 19:21, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > curious about how that had felt in ancient times, when hardware
5 > and software were limited, I tried 'ed' - the one and only
6 > editor ;)
7 >
8 > One feature I cant figure out (and the reason for that may be, that it
9 > is not there... :) is:
10 >
11 > One has to specify the line, which s/he wants to edit. This is
12 > possible via regexp (which matches more than one line and may be
13 > not, what you want) and via line numbers.
14 >
15 > In case one wants to use line numbers:
16 > One can list the whole text to the console...but the line numbers
17 > are missing.
18 > The "visual version of ed" called 'vi' is able to preceed any line
19 > with a line number.
20 >
21 > Is this possible with ed?
22 > How does one know the number of a specific line?
23 Use %n instead of %p
24
25 `info ed' is your friend
28 Simon Thelen