From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nagios hostextinfo
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:16:03
1 Sorry to send the question here, I looked everywhere and I could not
2 find an answer; I had tried to set icons for status map and host with
3 hostextinfo.cfg....
4
5 I had tried with this lines:
6
7 # This definition is used as a template
8 define hostextinfo{
9 name winbug ; This name is
10 referenced in other hostextinfo definitions that
11 ; want to use
12 this as a template
13 icon_image win40.gif
14 icon_image_alt WinBug Server
15 vrml_image win40.gif
16 gd2_image win40.gd2
17 register 0 ; DO NOT
18 REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - IT IS JUST A TEMPLATE!!
19 }
22 # A 'normal' definition
23 define hostextinfo{
24 use winbug ; Use the
25 hostextinfo definition with name 'he1' as a template
26 ; for this definition
27 host_name exchange ; Name of the
28 host, as recognized/used by Nagios
29 2d_coords 100,350 ; 2-D drawing
30 coordinates
31 3d_coords 4.0,0.0,0.0 ; 3-D drawing
32 coordinates
33 }
36 # Another 'normal' definition
37 define hostextinfo{
38 use winbug ; Use the
39 hostextinfo definition with name 'he1' as a template
40 ; for this definition.
41 host_name csdc ; Name of the
42 host, as recognized/used by Nagios
43 2d_coords 65,425 ; 2-D drawing
44 coordinates
45 3d_coords 3.0,0.0,0.0 ; 3-D drawing
46 coordinates
47 }
48
49 and all I got is from nagios -v nagios.cfg:
50
51 thewho etc # nagios -v nagios.cfg
52
53 Nagios 1.2
54 Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios@××××××.org)
55 Last Modified: 02-02-2004
56 License: GPL
57
58 Reading configuration data...
59
60 Error: Invalid object definition type 'hostextinfo' in file
61 '/usr/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg' on line 10.
64 ***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...
65
66 Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
67 directives and data defintions. If you are upgrading from a previous
68 version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
69 may have been removed or modified in this version. Make sure to read
70 the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as the
71 'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.
72
73 Does some one have a clue ?
76 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list