From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about cpu frequency utils scripting
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:48:57
1 On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> It seems like many of the cpu speed/governor switcher utilities in
4 >> /usr/portage/sys-power don't work due to being too old.
5 >
6 > sys-power/cpupower is probably the best option in the portage tree.
7 > It's sources are maintained in the kernel source tree.
10 I'm still running cpufreqd which I keep in my overlay, but upstream is
11 long dead and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a first choice.
12 One of these days I plan to migrate to thermald, though for the most
13 part I've been of a not-broken-don't-fix mindset.
16 Rich