From: Miernik <public@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The setup program seems to have failed.
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 06:07:28
1 Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > The graphical installer is known to fail sometimes (not always :-)
3 > Many people prefer the (old) install method - using a terminal.
4
5 I was not using a graphical installer, I went to a terminal (text
6 console), and typed "installer", is that what I am supposed to do? I
7 have no idea what is "old" and what is "new" install method, as this is
8 the first time ever I try to install Gentoo, so everyting is new for me,
9 just tell me what I should do that should "just work" most probably.
10
11 > i've been following (svn) the quickstart script, meant to do a console
12 > install. Don't have a link but if anyone is interested will get it
13 > (IIRC it's in graphical-installed dev personal place). Would be
14 > interested on any experience about it's usability. HTH. Rumen
15
16 Does Gentoo have a "normal" install method, that should work usually,
17 and if any, what is it? I just did what the booted image told me to,
18 hoping it was something I was supposed to do. This distro is new for me,
19 I installed Debian maybe a hundred times, so thats what I am acustomed
20 to.
23 Miernik
24 http://miernik.name/
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list