From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:02:10
1 Am Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:24:52 +0200
2 schrieb Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>:
3
4 > Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011, 20:35:07 schrieb Jonas de Buhr:
5 > > Am Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:43:09 -0400
6 > >
7 > > schrieb Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>:
8 > > > P.S. kscd will display the track listings on the CD, but will not
9 > > > play.
10 > >
11 > > again, please check for the audio cable going from cd-rom to
12 > > soundcard or have a look at the link i posted earlier.
13 >
14 > FWIW, I don't have this cable and my kscd has no "extras->settings &
15 > behaviour", where I could switch "use direct digital playback" like
16 > mentioned in your link (has yours?)
17
18 i just emerged it (i don't normally use CDs more than once for ripping,
19 can't see why anyone would) and it indeed has not.
20 maybe the option was moved to the backend?
21
22 >, but it plays audio-cds just fine
23 > from my SATA-drive.
24
25 well... its not a big revelation that this is possible ;)
26 as long as the functionality for direct playback (through the extra
27 cable) wasn't completely removed from kscd (possible, anyone interested
28 should read the changelogs) it's still a very reasonable explanation
29 for this problem since it's working in caffeine but not in a "simple"
30 application like kscd which is more likely to rely on builtin
31 functionality.