From: CR Little <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:05:48
1 The unmount/ resize2fs /dev/vg/home worked thanks!/
2 -----Original Message-----
3 From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.com]
4 Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:36 PM
5 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
7
8 On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:58, "CR Little"
9 <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
10 wrote about 'RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question':
11 > I'm using ext3
12
13 A: Because it reverses the logical progression of the conversation.
14 Q: Why shouldn't I top post?
15
16 Aaaaaaaanyway, in your case, you've got two options:
17 1) Search around like crazy for a ext2/3 online resizer -- I'm pretty
18 sure
19 there's one available, but I don't have it on my system -- and use it.
20 2) unmount the filesystem, resize2fs /dev/vg/home, and mount the
21 filesystem.
22
23 <troll subtype="filesystem"/>
24 Downtime sucks, in the future choose a real filesystem, like reiserfs.
25 </troll>
26
27 ;)
30 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
31 bss03@××××××××××.com
32 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
39 This message contains information from SourceLink - Madison
40 which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an
41 intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying,
42 distribution, or use of this information and note that such
43 actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission
44 in error, please notify by email crlittle@××××××××××.com.
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list