From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] XServer hal useflag
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:24:57
1 Hi list!
2
3 I'm a bit confused about the meaning of the hal useflag on the
4 x11-base/xorg-server ebuilds nowadays. When I deactivate it, hot-plugin
5 a mouse does not work and special keys on the keyboard are not detected.
6 When I enable it, everything works but several driver packages (evdev
7 and mouse, probably others) want me to deactivate it.
8
9 Does this have anything to do with me still using /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
10 not auto configuration? Or maybe the update to Gnome-2.28? Or the
11 general deprecation of hal?
12
13 In short: Did I miss any update advice or do I have to fiddle around
14 with the settings and useflags until something usable is found, like usual?
15
16 Thanks in advance!
17 Florian Philipp