From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID/LVM machine - install questions
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:18:46
1 Am 20.03.2010 19:29, schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 [...]
3 >
4 > I'm thinking I'll keep it as simple as possibly and just spread out
5 > the Gentoo install over the multiple hard drives without using RAID,
6 > but maybe not. It would be nice to have everything on RAID but I don't
7 > know if I should byte that off for my first taste of building RAID.
8 >
9 > [...]
10 >
11 > Very helpful. Thanks!
12 >
13 > Cheers,
14 > Mark
17 Hi,
18
19 I have boot on raid1 and everything else on raid5. Also swap is raid5.
20 It wasn't hard to do that.
21 If I did it again, I would also create a small (5GB) raid5 for testing
22 stuff. Like when I try to reassemble or change something. Copy some
23 movies and music to that drive. Whenever you need to change something
24 with your real raid, do it with the test one first and see if you can
25 still listen to your music.
26
27 Regards
28 kh