From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: confessions of a former USE=
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:01:24
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:08:40 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > »Q« <boxcars <at> gmx.net> writes:
5
6 > > Most of the time spent was actually looking at USE flag
7 > > descriptions, which continue to suck.
8 >
9 > I don't mind this so much, as when flags become deprecated and there
10 > is no notification, or a tool, to ferret out such dead-flags....
11
12 I should qualify that -- a lot of the descriptions suck, not all of
13 them. When in doubt, I let the profile decide.
14
15 I think app-portage/ufed automagicly gets rid of dead flags whenever it
16 saves make.conf.