From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: SSH won't restart
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:04:27
1 · Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@××××××××××.ar>:
2
4 > Hash: SHA512
5 >
6 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
7 >> A "/etc/init.d/sshd stop" won't kill any SSH sessions. It'll
8 >> simply the sshd "master process". Because of that, additional
9 >> logins won't be possible.
10 >
11 > You seem to believe that most people makes no mistakes.
12
13 No, I don't.
14
15 > I wouldn't need test-restart (I use the
16 > one-time telnetd-over-vpn), but it seems others might find it useful.
17
18 For what? What should it safeguard against? You can't just start
19 a 2nd instance of sshd while the 1st is still running, as they
20 (usually) should then bind to the same port. That won't work, obviously.
21
22 Alexander Skwar
23 --
24 Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
25 see it tried on him personally.
26 -- Abraham Lincoln
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list