From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 22:14:50
1 On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:24:31 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:34:30 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
5 >
6 > > I know it has worked in the past, and I know that recent versions of
7 > > some distros that use Grub2 still allow you to pick a partition for
8 > > the bootloader during the install.
9 >
10 > I'm installing openSUSE 13.2 into a VM right now and the *default*
11 > location for installing GRUB2 is a partition! So what's all the fuss
12 > about?
13
14 Arch's wiki has the best explanation I could find of why it's
15 discouraged, along with the warnings grub itself displays when you do
16 it anyway.
17
18 <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub#Install_to_partition_or_partitionless_disk>