From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:25:37
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 28 July 2011 21:48:15 Dale wrote:
5 >> I have wondered that too. The process is sort of started but it's not
6 >> actually compiling either. I wonder how we could know for sure?
7 >>
8 > Easy. "emerge --fetchonly<blah>" first, then start the real work.
12 But if you emerge something and it has to be fetched first, is that
13 counted in the time genlop shows or not? That is the question. I don't
14 think it is counted but I'm not sure. I set mine to fetch in the
15 background so most of the time the fetch is done after a couple packages
16 gets compiled.
17
18 Back when I was on dial-up, then I would fetch first. I did that
19 because my dial-up was so slow. It would take days to download OOo or a
20 major KDE upgrade.
21
22 Dale
23