From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mesa build failure
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:36:15
1 On Saturday 27 June 2009 06:24:12 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Friday 26 June 2009 21:05:01 Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > >> So the weirdness continues. mesa built but then xorg-server failed
6 > >> with the same failure:
7 > >>
8 > >>
9 > >> * >>> SetUID: [chmod go-r] /usr/bin/Xorg ...
10 > >> [ ok ]
11 > >>
12 > >> Switching to xorg-x11 OpenGL interface...ln: creating symbolic link
13 > >> `./libglx.so': File exists
14 > >> !!! Error: Failed to create /lib/libglx.so
15 > >
16 > > Looks like you have a file collision between xorg-server and mesa, which
17 > > is odd as those packages get a lot of testing.
18 > >
19 > > Anything on bugs.gentoo.org?
20 >
21 > Unfortunately it seem that there are bug reports on this and more
22 > unfortunately they have apparently been going on nearly a year now.
23 > It's not a Gentoo thing specifically as there are Ubuntu, Debian and
24 > other distros with reports in their forums.
25 >
26 > There was a possible by hand fix for it but I'll need to look at that
27 > over the weekend to see if it makes sense on this machine.
28 >
29 > Bummer. I hate banging my head up against a wall made of problems no
30 > one seems to be fixing.
31 >
32 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/247685
33
34 The fix seems (in principle at least) to be brain-dead easy:
35
36 - all ebuilds that merge opengl files should put them in distinct locations by
37 name to avoid collisions
38 - the contents of /usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/extensions/ should be symlinks
39 with a sane default put there by xorg-server and modified by eselect
40
41 Nikos's comments are especially sane in that thread. Perhaps he'll come along,
42 see this thread and help you out further.
43
44 I suspect that the temporary workaround will be to delete a symlink and emerge
45 stuff, then remember to always do this on every future re-emerge
48 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com