From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rebuild /usr/lib
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:46:46
1 Thanks for the advice folks.
2 As it turned out I had enough of the lib left to keep some of the
3 system running and I managed to copy over sufficient to get a working
4 connection going then after much more thrashing of the head on desk it
5 turned out that my backup was sufficient to get portage working pretty
6 well phew
7 I am now working on the --emptytree to restore everything properly.
8
9 stu
10
11 ps. tip of the day when spring cleaning your system watch out for
12 those little typos that can ruin your summer :)
13 pps. Just for fun it went something like this,
14 "rm -rf /usr/lib/libcrco.so /usr/lib/ /usr/lib/bochs /usr/lib/libcroco.co.0"