From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild wants to rebuild always dev-java/swt-3.2-r2
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:39:57
1 On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:12:38 +0200, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the answers, but to be honest, I still do not get, what the
4 > problem is and how to solve it. Could someone explain me, what goes
5 > wrong, if I use a binary package like sun-jdk?
6
7 The "problem" is that revdep-rebuild checks the consistency of packages
8 built from source on your system. The messages about binary packages are
9 spurious, as what revdep-rebuild does does not apply to them. That's why
10 the config file has an option to stop it even checking such packages.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?