From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 18:58:49
1 On 27/11/19 18:55, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > * Daniel Frey:
3 >
4 >> > I have exactly one choice for an ISP and I need a static IP. The ISP
5 >> > disables ipv6 for some reason when you have a static IP.
6
7 > Like I said, the availability of "decent" ISPs varies by location, and
8 > there are of course locations where one is basically screwed when it
9 > comes to IPv6, even in November 2019.
10
11 You're forgetting that this encompasses pretty much all of the United
12 States.
13
14 At least in the UK we do separate a lot of infrastructure from supply -
15 pretty much everyone has the ability to choose any ISP, which then
16 supplies service over BT/OpenReach's infrastructure, but of course this
17 is the most ancient infrastructure in the country and - in remote areas
18 where there is no competition - it still has trouble supplying 2MB ADSL.
19
20 Cheers,
21 wol