From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning out my world file
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:37:05
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if their is a easy way to clean out the cruft in my
5 > world file? Is their a script? I tried saving a cope then running
6 > regenworld but that didn't do much. Maybe it is old and out of date?
7 >
8 > The reason why I want to do this? Well, sometimes I forget to use the
9 > -1 option when working on getting a dependency to install. It adds up
10 > after a while.
11 >
12 > Ideas?
13 >
14 > Dale
15 >
16 > :-) :-)
20 Somewhat still on the same subject since I am still cleaning. Anyway to
21 clean out unneeded files in /etc? I'm thinking about files that may be
22 there but the programs are no longer installed. I read the man page for
23 dep but didn't see anything. Dang thing does a lot tho.
24
25 Thanks
26
27 Dale