From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] off topic: rotating a video
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:04:56
1 gottlieb@×××.edu schrieb am 16.02.2015 um 21:51:
2 > I apologize in advance for this off topic query.
3 >
4 > I took a video with my phone (galaxy note 4) and via google+ uploaded it
5 > to my mail laptop. It is an mp4 and plays fine on both the phone and
6 > the labtop except that it is sideways.
7 >
8 > I was surprised that neither the player on the phone nor the player on
9 > the laptop (totem, I run gnome) seems to offer a rotation option.
10 >
11 > Am I missing a slightly hidden option or do I need another program.
12 > I do not do video editing and do no plan to in the near future.
13 >
14 > thanks,
15 > allan
20 Funny, I did search for this just a few minutes ago.
21
22 Rotate when playing back with VLC [1]
23
24 Re-encode the video and rotate it with ffmpeg [2]
25
26 [1]
27 http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14751/rotate-a-video-90-degrees-with-vlc-or-windows-live-movie-maker/?PageSpeed=noscript
28