From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:58:51
1 On Friday, August 28, 2015 2:24:37 PM Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Those who wish to use git can do so, and I'd encourage people to try.
3 > It really does have a lot of advantages. Oh, and it makes it really
4 > easy to contribute patches/etc (just edit whatever you want in
5 > /usr/portage and type git diff).
6
7 I wouldn't advise that on the portage tree because if you edit any files under
8 version control git will refuse to pull new changes until you either commit
9 the changes or undo them by checking out the file.
12 Fernando Rodriguez