From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error compiling phonon-gstreamer
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:08:51
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Cranmer<jeff@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >>>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730
4 >>>>
5 >>>> Dale
6 >>>>
7 >>>> :-) :-)
8 >>>>
9 >>> Thanks for the link.
10 >>> I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
11 >>> some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
12 >>> requirement, though it adds vlc. Same error as before.
13 >>>
14 >>> I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
15 >>> makeopts="-j6"
16 >>>
17 >>> Jeff
18 >> No luck with makeopts="-j1" either.
19 > If you add "--tree" to your emerge line, you can see what's pulling in
20 > gstreamer. If it comes to it, running a command like:
21 >
22 > emerge -pe --verbose --tree --with-bdeps=y @world
23 >
24 > will give you a tree view showing the entire dependency tree on your
25 > system. From there, you should be able to get a clue as to which
26 > packages are pulling in packages you're having difficulty with.
30 Changing the USE flag may disable things that are needed tho. It's not
31 really a fix but a workaround at best. Me, I want a fix so that it
32 compiles as it should with the current USE flags.
33
34 I think I may mask that package version. I'm sure it will have a
35 different version whenever they fix it. Since it is using the old one
36 just fine, it shouldn't break anything but will try again when they do a
37 fix'er upper. ;-)
38
39 Dale
40
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
45
46 Miss the compile output? Hint:
47 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"