From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 21:21:10
1 On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 10:50:53 -0500, Tom H wrote:
2
3 > >> I'm also a heretic who uses the systemd bootloader no matter what
4 > >> pid1 is in charge.
5 > >>
6 > >> It's the best thing that the systemd developers have produced!
7 > >
8 > > Except they didn't produce it. They assimilated gummiboot, which I was
9 > > already using, into the systemd collective!
10 >
11 > Wasn't Kay Sievers one of the two gummiboot developers? (Along with
12 > Harald <something> of dracut fame.)
13
14 I had been unaware of that. But it was developed away from systemd
15 originally - maybe here was a conspiracy to add it to the systemd
16 collective all along ;-)
17
18 I was using gummiboot before I tried systemd.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Marriage is a relationship in which one person
25 is always right and the other is a husband