From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge --inject equivalent
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:14:16
1 Does anyone knows about emerge --inject equivalent? Inject was used to
2 tell (lie to) portage that some package is installed alhough it is
3 not.
4
5 What I was to trying to do is to avoid recompilation of the whole
6 glibc because new flag fas been added to CROSSCOMPILE_OPTIONS.
7 emerge -uDN world keeps me bugging that I should recompile glibc.
8
9 The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
10 which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
11 of package because emerge bugs me to do it.
12
13 Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?
14
15 Or should I open new bug to change default behaviour of emerge -N flag
16 for new USE flags which are not used anyways?
17
18 Thanks,
19 Marko
20 --