From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Transferring old video tapes to disk
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 00:03:43
1 Hi multi-media gentooers, I know you're out there :)
2
3 A friend just gave me a 15-year-old VCR, and it still works!
4
5 That's good news because I have some 25-year-old video tapes that
6 I haven't been able to play since my old VCR broke 15 years ago.
7
8 Now's my chance to save the tapes to a newer format. (Until the
9 new format becomes obsolete in another year or two.)
10
11 Transferring the audio is easy even for old non-multi-media me,
12 but how to get the video off the tape and into the computer? Do
13 I need a new video card with special stuff? Or what?
14
15 Thanks for any clues.