From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automatic notification of changes in certain packages
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:24:59
1 >> Hi folks,
2 >>
3 >> i'd like to get automatic notification if something in an certain
4 >> package changes, ie. package foo has been masked, unmasked,
5 >> new version, ...
6 >>
7 >> Is there any service for that yet ?
8 >>
9 >> cu
10 >> --
11 >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
12 >> Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
13 >>
14 >> phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
15 >> fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
16 >> cellphone: +49 174 7066481
17 >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
18 >> --
19 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23 The depreciated gentoolkit program etcat had an option, versions, that
24 listed all versions available for a package. Running that periodically
25 should give you what you want. You might even customize it a little
26 more by using a script to watch a particular version.
27
28 I don't know whether the function has been picked up in a more modern
29 program such as equery or not. I couldn't find it.
30
31 etcat is still in /usr/share/doc/gentoolkit-0.2.2/depreciated/etcat/etcat
32
33 Tony
34 --
35 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
36 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
37 -- Benjamin Franklin
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list