From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:22:58
1 hello list,
2
3 i want to migrate my system, currently in a HD, to a new SSD. i thought it
4 would be easy, but i decided to read a little before partitioning the disk
5 (my first SDD) and now i'm really confused...
6
7 i intend to have only two partitions in the SSD: one for / and the other
8 for /home. i have another HD for storage, where i'm going to put swap.
9
10 apparently it's better to use a GPT partitioning. are there any catches i
11 should take into account? what about grub, can i just install it later on
12 the ssd?
13
14 thanks for any comment or pointers, i found so many different "guides"
15 saying different things that i'm really confused.
18 best,
21 lj