From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel 2 manual
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:26:15
1 Am 24.10.2012 13:16, schrieb Michael Hampicke:
2 >> Is there any tool that can scan my pc and help me out with the .conf or
3 >> even generate one? I guess not. There are lots of options that I have no
4 >> idea what they are for. I think this will be the fun part, but I think I
5 >> can't get a running kernel before I optimize it, so I can do it gradually.
6 >
7 > Well good starting points have already been provided, I usually check
8 > for modules with lspci -k
9 >
10 >> Just for curiosity, what is the size of your kernel? Mine is 3.4 MB.
11 >
12 > 3.0M, initramfs 2.2M
15 Damn, totaly forgot what I would write :) You may also have a loog at #
16 make localmodconfig