From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] evolution won't play new mail sound
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:17:05
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm using gnome-light, so chances are there's something not installed
4 that should be, but evolution won't play the sound file I've specified
5 for new mail. I can play the .wav file manually using aplay.
6
7 Does anyone know what evo uses to play audio? I also have esound
8 installed. I tried running `esddsp evolution` but no sound either :(
9
10 I tried turning on sounds for events, logged out and in again, but I
11 don't get any sounds for events either ??!!
12
13 any ideas?
14
15 TIA,
16 --
17 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
18
19 The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list