From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:01:40
1 On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:49:20 -0400
2 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > Hello Dan Farrell,
6 > >
7 > >> Why this is the case, I don't think I'll ever understand. White
8 > >> terminal backgrounds, aside from the invisible color problem, also
9 > >> are hella ugly.
10 > >
11 > > Many people find black on white far easier to read than white on
12 > > black, for the same fonts and sizes.
13 >
14 > Clearly, though, black on white uses less photons. Think of
15 > the children!
16 >
17 I don't know, black on a CRt still uses a lot of photons I would
18 imagine. In fact, I bet it uses the same amount of power.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list