From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you monitor your pc?
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:39:14
1 On Thursday, 2 April 2020 12:29:06 BST Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > currently i have two i3 tiles open on one of
3 > my monitors:
4 >
5 > * one shows `journalctl -f`, which shows things
6 > from smartd, sudo attempts, and maybe soon
7 > also arpwatch. (btw, any other monitoring apps
8 > that you recommend?)
9 > * another shows `watch 'dmesg -T` for kernely
10 > things not showing up in `journalcdl`.
11 >
12 > [question 1] i wonder how do you monitor your pc?
13 >
14 > [question 2] i'm thinking to put my
15 > `journalctl -f` as a wallpaper that keeps updating.
16 > how to do this? conky? better than conky?
17 >
18 > rgrds,
19 > cm.
20
21 You may want to check x11-misc/xrootconsole, but I recall some security
22 concerns with it many many years ago. I am not sure what its current status
23 is.