From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ifplugd breaks services
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:08:20
1 On 06/14/2014 11:24 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 10 Jun 2014 11:43:31 thegeezer wrote:
3 >> I used to really like ifplugd. mostly for the audible beep when things
4 >> are disconnected as it's easier to diagnose from afar.
5 > What audible beep? Am I missing some obscure configuration variable on my
6 > systems?
7 >
8 lol yes
9 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Ifplugd
10 but mysteriously i don't have /etc/conf.d/ifplugd -- my
11 /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.actions is below and is the only ifplugd file i can
12 find
13
14 it could be you are missing pcspeaker kernel module ? pcspkr
20 # /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.actions
21 if grep -q initng /proc/1/cmdline
22 then
23 EXEC="/sbin/ngc"
24 INITNG="yes"
25 else
26 EXEC="/etc/init.d/net.$1"
27 INITNG="no"
28 fi
29
30 case "$2" in
31 up)
32 if [ "${INITNG}" = "yes" ]
33 then
34 ARGS="-u net/$1"
35 else
36 ARGS="--quiet start"
37 fi
38 ;;
39 down)
40 if [ "${INITNG}" = "yes" ]
41 then
42 ARGS="-d net/$1"
43 else
44 ARGS="--quiet stop"
45 fi
46 ;;
47 *)
48 echo "$0: wrong arguments" >&2
49 echo "Call with <interface> <up|down>" >&2
50 exit 1
51 ;;
52 esac
53