From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-apps/acl with nfs support
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:52:57
1 On 5/11/10, Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I try to compile the sys-apps/acl package with the nfs option, but I
5 > can't set the flag. I add to my portage.use
6 > sysapps/acl and nfs but if I emerge the acl or virtual/acl emerge
7 > doesn't use the nfs flag.
8 >
9 > Now I have installed
10 > sys-apps/acl Installed versions: 2.2.49(23:33:57 05/09/10)(nls -nfs)
11 >
12 > and I need the acl support on the nfs share. How can I recompile the
13 > acl package with nfs support?
14
15 First check that the reason for the masking does not apply to your
16 situation (bug #149472), then I think you can just force-override it
17 by adding the package atom and USE flag in
18 /etc/portage/profile/package.use.force (haven't tried myself).
19
20 I haven't used nfs for years, so you might wait for a second opinion
21 from the gurus actually using it.
24 Arttu V.