From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: post handbook install guide?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:07:34
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > emerge xorg-x11
5
6 > That's a meta-package, you only need to install xorg-server. This
7 > is not pulled in by KDE because a local X server is not a requirement to
8 > run KDE, although KDE does depend on several X11 libraries.
11 Hmm, nice to know.
12
13 Where do I read about what all is in xorg-x11 versus xorg-server(which is
14 all that kde-meta needs?)? What exactly does kde-meta needs and such....
15 Just an overview would be good for me to know.
20 James
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list